Publication Integrity & Ethics (PIE) was developed over a decade ago to address several areas of concern and promote real editorial freedom.Read more.
|You are invited to join the Publication Integrity and Ethics as one of its founding members. PIE offers free membership to all interested individuals. Read more.|
|The Publication Integrity & Ethics welcomes journal's membership. The Editor-in-Chief membership application is required to be submitted. Read more.|
|Publication Integrity and Ethics will launch the PIE Debate Board (the voice of its members and adherents) Read more.|
The PIE Council is the Publication Integrity and Ethics’ governing body. Members of the Council are the trustees of the ethical environment and ethical conduct in the editorial and publishing sector.
The main responsibilities of the PIE Council are to manage the affairs of PIE, to keep track of all the national and global issues that are directly or indirectly affecting the organisation and the publishing sector. It provides the PIE direction by reviewing the strategic plans and allocating resources necessary in order for the organisation to function properly.
In addition, the Council oversees the entire PIE activity, ensures that both the organisation and its members meet their statutory obligations and promotes ethical editorial conduct among all its members and associates.
While complaints related to breaches in the code of ethical editorial conduct must first be addressed directly to the journal, the editorial staff or the author, such issues may be raised, discussed and solved with the help of the Council Sub-Committee. It offers mediation, access to information and a simple and effective procedure of analysing and closing disputes.
Chair of the Council
- Colin Hopper BDS MBBS LDS MD FRCS FHTS FODI, University College London, London, UK....Read more
Vice-Chair of the Council
- Waseem Jerjes BDS MBBS MSc PhD FHEA MICR FAcadMed MFMLM FHTS FIHTS FODI, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK....Read more
- Tim Reeves BA (Hons), London, UK....Read more
- Srikumar Chellappan BSc MSc PhD, National Functional Genomics Center, Tampa, FL, United States....Read more
- Yaoling Niu BSc MSc PhD, Durham University, Durham, UK....Read more
- Hans-Rudolf Weiss MD, Orthopedic Rehabilitation Services "Gesundheitsforum Nahetal", Germany....Read more
- Hiang Boon Tan MBChB MRCS MD, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK....Read more
- Zaed Z R Hamady MBChB, PhD, PGDip , FRCS (Gen. Surg), University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, UK....Read more
- Zoe Sun MBBS MRCS, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK....Read more
- Ramin Carbiner BDS MSc (OMFS), Oral Surgeon, London, UK....Read more
- Steve Wheeler BSc MSc MPhil, Plymouth University, Plymouth, UK....Read more
General Council Members
- Joanna Drugan PhD, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK....Read more
- Manuel F. Casanova MD, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, United States....Read more
- Francesco Carinci MD, University of Ferrara, Italy....Read more
- Stephen A Klotz MD, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, United States....Read more
- Craig S Atwood PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, United States....Read more
- Jin J Luo MD PhD FAAN FAANEM, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, United States....Read more
- Libero Andreotti PhD, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA, United States....Read more
- I.H. Monrad Aas PhD, Vestfold Hospital Trust, Norway....Read more
- Hugo R. Arias PhD, California Northstate University College of Medicine, Elk Grove, CA, United States....Read more
- Peter McCarthy PhD, University of South Wales, Wales, UK....Read more
- Attila Sik BSc MSc PhD, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK....Read more
- Maurice Israël, Directeur de recherche CNRS retraité chez CNRS, Paris Area, France....Read more
- Raja Kummoona FDSRCS (Iraq)....Read more
- Reha Kisnisci (Turkey)...Read more
- Abdulsalam AZ Al- Kinani BDS HD MSc FIHTS (Yemen)...Read more
- Borubaev Altai Asylkanovich (Kyrgyzstan)...Read more